“While the world’s workplace has gone through extraordinary historic change, the practice of management has been stuck in time for more than 30 years.” – Gallup, 2019
There are only two types of enterprises in the world today – those that get better and those that go out of business. This cutting-edge, counter-intuitive course will enable you to start important conversations about how to how to fix failing or broken practices by embracing ideas that run contrary to everything you’ve ever been taught about managing people and surviving in a volatile, unpredictable world.
Today’s business techniques, designed for much simpler times, just can’t cope with the complexity of an uncertain economy, political instability and volatile markets. Einstein once told us that insanity is doing the same thing while expecting different results. As a business leader or manager, that thinking will be your demise.
Does your budgeting process actually work as you hope it will? Does your growth strategy bring the changes you seek and do those who must ensure it happens understand specifically what they need to do to realize your goals? Will your current corporate culture really enable you to succeed? Do your core business functions, like HR for example, actually add value to the enterprise? What mechanisms do you have in place to ensure your managers are practising what they are preaching?
This unique course is aimed at those who increasingly realize their out-dated approaches, warmed-over theories and same-old tools are not producing the results they seek. In our “black-swan” world of unanticipated events, traditional business practices require a major reassessment and overhaul, if not outright retirement. Where do you want to be – at the top of your game or left on the sidelines stymied by your entrenched way of doing business?
Discover how to release your full organizational potential by embracing new ideas that eliminate the burdens of strategies that don’t (actually can’t) work, misaligned performance incentives, managers who intentionally or inadvertently thwart smart decisions, a culture that breeds entitlement, stress and inefficiency, and suffocating, inflexible controls that presume (non-existent) predictability, order and stability.
- What ultimately constrains the performance of organizations today
- What dictates success in the new, unpredictable world order
- Why budgeting is delusional: better ways to control expenses
- Old vs. new management models: realities that matter now
- The disconnect between what you pay for and what you get
- Management myths that cost you money and lost productivity
- Rethinking traditional corporate functions & strategic priorities
- Replacing managers with accountable self-directed teams
- Competitive advantage: know what you pay for and actually get
- Why strategic planning is now a pointless exercise and how to fix it
- Building an open, adaptive culture of resilience and innovation
- Changing your game: how to create a future of choice
For more information or to register, see Dates and Places.