Focussed and committed employees represent your biggest expense and greatest opportunity for achieving sustainable competitive advantage. Yet research tells us today’s workforce is inefficient, disengaged, stressed out, feeling apathetic, distrustful, tuned-out and entitled. If these symptoms don’t characterize your workplace, you’re either lucky, complacent or simply not paying attention.
In our volatile, hyper-competitive, global marketplace, you can’t successfully achieve your business objectives without engaging your workers in the process of building high-performance teams. If ownership of the process is not shared, you are destined to perish. You need to know how to diagnose team effectiveness and zero in on the areas of weakness. You need to address under-performance with proven know-how, the right tools and tactical decisiveness. Because in today’s turbo-charged world, time is not on your side.
To build and manage a high performance team, you need to know what makes a team great and why teamwork doesn’t get the attention it surely deserves. You must know the #1 cause of low performance, what sustains it and the reasons people leave their jobs (retention being less expensive than recruitment). Above all, you need to know, and fix, the one critical ingredient required to build exemplary performance.
Learn how to diagnose and remedy your team’s capability to embrace greater productivity and efficiency, how to motivate them to work smarter and accomplish more in less time, how to encourage genuine two-way feedback, become stress and dispute free, and “turn on” your workforce, especially the new generation of knowledge workers who will ultimately determine your fate., you need to know what makes a team great and why teamwork doesn’t get the attention it surely deserves. You must know the #1 cause of low performance, what sustains it and the reasons people leave their jobs (retention being less expensive than recruitment). Above all, you need to know, and fix, the one critical ingredient required to build exemplary performance.
- Today’s workplace: Myths, realities and changing perceptions
- The basic tenets and enablers for building high performance teams
- Important questions to answer if you want to build a great team
- Diagnosing and measuring team effectiveness and agility
- Intellectual capital: Myths, realities and the things you must do
- Principles of empowerment and engagement: How to “turn on” workers
- Building organizational trust: The fuel that drives innovative entities
- The critical art of giving and soliciting two-way feedback
- The value and design of employee surveys and exit interviews
- Performance reviews: Problem or opportunity (and how to fix)?
- Efficiency: Ideas and tools for accomplishing more in less time
- The distributed workforce: Current status, benefits and caveats
- The productivity gap: The difference between effort and results
- Dealing with annoying co-worker behaviour and getting the work done
- Becoming stress and dispute-free: Recommended process and tools
- Compensating and reconciling older and younger workers
- Achieving alignment and focus: Getting everyone “on the same page”
- Dealing with toxic employees: Rehabilitate or terminate?
- Getting people to work smart rather than burn-out hard
- The art of delegation (in all directions): Benefits and warnings
- Rules for motivating and managing today’s knowledge workers
- The critical role of managers in a high performance workplace
- Finding and attracting “the right people” to build performance.
For more information or to register, see Dates and Places.